[blparent] that thing

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jan 8 23:10:34 UTC 2009

I went to the dentist this morn and the girl who came out to get me said, take my arm so you won't have to use that thing."
I asked her, all the time smiling, if you mean my cane, I will use it even if you hold my arm.  She was very embarrassed, which was my intention.  She kept apologizing.  I asked her if she tells others they can hold her arm so they don't have to use or wear their eye glasses.  She promised never to make that remark again.  I informed her that the cane was to help me find my way, not merely a thing. Veronica