[blparent] Momories

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Fri Jan 9 02:30:30 UTC 2009

 ---- Original Message ------
Subject: Momories

 I wanted to share this with you all.  Hope you get a good
chuckle.
Last evening, after my girls' friend left, I told them it was
time to clean up the kitchen.  As sybs do, they argued over who
would clean which mess.  I interceded, and gave K.  who is 9, the
table to clear off, and T, 10, was to get the broom and sweep up
the popcorn.  T.  took the broom, and began playing the witch
riding her broomstick.  I battled between telling her "You can
play when you're finished," and telling myself to relax, she's a
child.  Pulling patience from some unknown stock pile somewhere
in the universe, I played along, telling her to "Capture all the
popcorn kernels; don't let any get away."  K chimed in and asked
"Mom?  Can I have a magic broom?"  Playing along, I said "Of
course you can, dear."  She asked "When can I have it?"  I told
her "Umm, how about the second Tuesday of next week?"  I wish I
could have seen the looks on their faces!  T.  knew, at first at
least, that there isn't one, but she went to the calendar with
her younger sister anyway, and began checking.  K.  asked "What
about the 13th?  I said "No.  That's the second Tuesday of the
month."  They tried other dates, and I finally told them to call
their Grandmother.  They asked which one.  I said it didn't
matter, knowing both would enjoy that!
It will always make me laugh out loud to think of my 9 and
10-year-old girls at the calendar looking for the second Tuesday
of next week!

Trish Slosser MT
ALWAYS SEE
WITH