[blparent] introducing myself to this list

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Tue Jan 13 06:59:51 UTC 2009

Welcome, Amy!  I'm Trish.  I'm fairly new that this group.  I'm
44.  I have 3 kids, ages 24, 9, and 10, and a Grand child, 20
months.  I live in New Hampshire.  I cane chairs, and I'm working
on a Massage Therapy license.  I have been blind since the age of
4.  My husband, children, family and most friends are all
sighted.  As a blind parent, I've managed to get every thing done
that needs to be done, although, I regret not having better
traveling skills.
Enjoy the group.  Look forward to hearing from you lots.

joined this list.  I thought I would quickly introduce myself.  I
am currently enrolled in one of the Parenting classes that Hadley
School offers, the first class, and my instructor, recommended
that I join this list.  I am legally blind, with a rare form of
RP, and my husband is sighted.  We have been married for 6 1/2
years, and are now seriously thinking about having a baby.  I was
relieved to hear of such a list, as getting to meet other blind
parents feels like it will be rather rare and infrequent.  I have
already gotten alot out of the first parenting class that Hadley
offers.  I am looking forward to hopefully getting to network
with other blind parents, as  time passes on.  I am 35, and my
husband is 40.  Let's put it this way, his "body clock" has been
ticking alot longer thhan mine has.  We have 2 dogs, they are
almost 2 years old, we rescued them at 8 weeks old.  We love our
pups, and hope that the transition w!
> ith a new addition to the family will go okay.
>We live in Connecticut, is this list national, I would assume
that it is.
>To those responsible, thank you for enabling this opportunity,
with this list, and I look forward to its use in the near future.