[blparent] introducing myself to this list

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Jan 13 17:45:48 UTC 2009

Hi, Amy, and welcome to the list.    I hope you find the Hadley courses as
helpful as I have.  I took the first one and then got kind of bogged down in
the second, as raising a baby and working full time doesn't leave much room
in the schedule for extra reading.  I had a baby last March, and the
transition for my guide dog, a seven-year-old black Labrador, has been a
little tough.  She didn't want to share me with a baby, and she got
stress-induced colitis, which she's on medicine for.  That seems to be
improving over time, as she's on half the medicine now that she used to be.
She'll give the baby kisses lately, and now it's a matter of teaching the
baby to pet her nicely and not to pull on her ears or climb all over her.

Best wishes,
Jo Elizabeth

It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take
advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work. Take care of what
you are doing. Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in "Candide"