[blparent] bottle woes.

Dena Wainwright autumnrose21 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:26:07 UTC 2009

unless you have a brand new dish washer that gets incredibly hot, you're
going to have to sterilize the bottles somehow. our dish washer gets so hot
that I can't take the dishes out for about 20 mins after they're done, but I
boil mine when I don't put them in the dish washer--not every time, but I do
it. you can spend ridiculous amounts of money on bottle sterilizers (I've
seen them for $80), or you can get bags that go in the microwave that are
supposed to be very cool. the bags are reusable.
in terms of brands, it's really going to depend on your baby. we bought Dr.
Brown bottles, because we were told how great they were at preventing colic,
and they were horrible for Elise. you could literally hear her gulping in
the air. we tried the Playtex Nursers with the disposable liners, which were
OK. we also tried the Avent bottles, which were better for air intake, but
they do leak unless you close them exactly right. honestly, my favorite
bottles are the Born Free brand. they are BPA free, easy to hold, work well
for Elise's colic, and are pretty easy to clean and put together. they are
kind of expensive, but they keep her comfortable, so...
Dena