[blparent] bottle woes.

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Thu Jan 15 21:25:44 UTC 2009

Hi, Shannon.  Gerald and I went through loads of bottles before we found
some that didn't make Sarah's gas and colic worse.  Seriously, we had what I
called the "bottle graveyard" on our kitchen counter for a while, all the
ones that she rejected.

The two we finally settled on were the Dr. Brown's bottle, which has a
system to keep air out, and the Playtex bottles with the bent necks and the
rubber valve and vent in the bottom.  I would recommend only buying one or
two of each type you want to try, because it could get expensive if
 the rejection rate is high.

Gerald and I bought a sterilizer for the microwave, but we just steamed the
nipples and caps and things.  We washed the bottles and left it at that.  We
also tried the sterilizing bags for the microwave, but I wasn't too happy
with those.  I left one in too long, and the plastic melted, ruining several
nipples and even melting one of the caps.  The sterilizer has worked a lot
better for us, though we boiled nipples and caps in a pot on the stove
before we got that.

Good luck,
Jo Elizabeth

It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take
advantage of that to break a man's spirit is devil's work. Take care of what
you are doing. Take care.--George Bernard Shaw in "Candide"