[blparent] immunizing.

Shannon Wells pwandmomx2 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jan 20 03:50:17 UTC 2009

I'm not going to argue vaccinating or not, but I thought it was a law that a
child had to have certain vaccinations in order to go to public school. Is
this not the case? Also, maybe this is an oversight on my part, but I have
never heard anything before now about autism caused by a vaccination. My
husband has read all the info the docs have given us and hasn't said a
thing. Nor, has any nurse or doctor mentioned it. When my 3 year old was 1
and we took her to get shots, her pediatrition informed my husband and me
that we too could get a flu shot for free. We said no, and guess what, next
march, here I was with the flu and strep throat at the same time. Lemme tell
ya, that weren't fun. But, next time, given the choice, I'll have to think
hard on which would be worse...flu or shot. As I've said, I won't discuss
whether to do it or not, because it seems to be pretty touchy, but I always
comfort myself with the knowledge that my girls will never remember the
pain. How do I know? I don't remember, at least, up to a certain age I
don't.
Shannon Nicole Wells
author of WILD HEART
Staff Writer for POETIC MONTHLY MAGAZINE
http://www.christianhomeplace.com
http://www.poeticmonthly.com
http://www.myspace.com/shannonnicolewells