[blparent] Car seats and flexibility

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Sat Jul 11 17:31:48 UTC 2009

Hi again,

My city has great public transit.  All in one day I used the fixed route
system to have lunch with my husband, the redi-ride to take my kids to swim
and the Para-transit to take my daughter to piano class.  As well as my feet
to the library.  However, when my kids where little babies I would have
never thought of standing in the cold Michigan weather with them to use the
bus.  This would have been irresponsible.  Also, my bus is a ten minute walk
from my home and little ones just are unable to take that cold windy
weather.

Certainly our family embraces the public transit in our town.  You have to
admit though if you need to go other places having two kids and car seats to
carry can be an inconvenience especially when your kids are very small.

I am finding it easier to move about our community now that my kids are
getting older and some of these requirements for car seat use are becoming
less of an issue.

So you all have fun traveling around your communities as I am and thinking
of creative ways of getting rid of those seats as you go to different
environments.

Karla