[blparent] Car seat install sit-n-stroll

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Mon Jul 13 18:44:14 UTC 2009

Hi Again,

With some cars I had to push down on the seat with my knee.  The way the
sit-n-stroll is designed you have to buckle the seat in each time you use
the seat in a car.  Also, my 2002 model had the latch system strap which I
used when I found cars that had the latch hooks.  Also, you want to be sure
to pull the seat belt tight.  You know the ratchet sound the seat belt makes
when you pull it tight.  I know some older car seat belts do not ratchet and
you have to use a little medal seat belt safety component that came with my
sit-n-stroll.  However, belts that do not ratchet  are probably becoming a
thing of the past with newer cars having this requirement already as part of
the car.

Yes, you are correct your child might sleep okay in the seat when they are
smaller.  My son was a larger child though and around two when we took a
five hour trip up north.  I know he was much more comfortable in my friends
bigger seat as he could sit cross legged in the larger seat versus the
sit-n-stroll.  I used the bouncy seat for my kids to sleep in at home when
they were little.

Karla