[blparent] something comical

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Wed Jul 29 04:02:28 UTC 2009

Just before I went to bed last night I stopped to check the front door to
make sure it was locked.  My cane (Ponchita) was sitting cockeyed.  I lifted
her up and noticed the top was missing.  I thought it was really weird.  I
checked the floor and all around the area.  It was no where to be seen.
So this morning I asked Gab and my husband if they had seen it anywhere and
they did not.  We checked our car- not there.  We checked the path to the
mailbox- no not there.  When we took Gab to camp this morning I asked if
anyone had seen it, nope not there.
It is more than just a little black cap with a cord, it has a bright red
star made from foam on the end.  It isn't hard to miss.
I called the piano teacher and asked if it was there, nope not there.  Then
this evening I was talking to my friend Christine and I asked her to check
her car, no not there but she said did I call IHOP?  She reminded me that I
had laid it on the floor there yesterday morning when we stopped for
breakfast.  She said when we came out she thought something was missing, but
couldn't put her finger on it.  So I called them this evening at 9:00 just
before Gab jumped into bed.  They had it and my hubby suggested we go right
away to get it before someone threw it away. Yippee!  Only a cane user would
appreciate this kind of turmoil. V