[blparent] [Bulk] Re: Blind Parents Meeting

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Jun 2 23:06:14 UTC 2009

That's pretty scary.  Sarah is just getting good at walking now, so she
falls down a lot.  She hit her forehead on the TV table and got a little
scrape, and there was actually a sighted person there at the time, but it
happened so fast neither one of us could do anything about it.  Then Sarah
stuck her hand into the place on a VCR where the tape goes, and scratched
her arm slightly.  So far, the few friends and family members who have seen
her and asked me about it have said that all kids get nicked and scraped a
bit, and they haven't been too concerned.  But it's in the back of my mind
sometimes, what if.  I guess I'd want to ask anybody who fussed about it if
they think blind parents keep the emergency rooms and the Band-Aid companies
in this country supported all by themselves.

Jo Elizabeth

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed
until it is faced."--James Baldwin