[blparent] [Bulk] Re: Blind Parents Meeting

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Wed Jun 3 03:41:14 UTC 2009

I may have been more nervous about Social Services from hearing stories like
the ones on this list, but I was also better prepared when the social worker
and the two police officers knocked on my door.  I was horrified and angry,
but I didn't feel alone.  I took the encounter more in stride than I might
have if I hadn't known that many other blind parents have gone through the
same ordeal.

Jo Elizabeth

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed
until it is faced."--James Baldwin