[blparent] bathing an infant

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Mon Jun 8 19:03:48 UTC 2009

I hated those contoured tubs, and so did Sarah.  Baths were miserable.  What
I found that finally worked for me was a large sponge that was vaguely the
shape of a baby.  Sarah could lie down on it, and then I just put maybe an
inch or two of water in the big bath tub, so that the sponge was wet but
Sarah was barely in any standing water at all.  I had an easy time bathing
her, and when she started sitting up, she still sat on the sponge.  Now she
loves having her baths.  Look at Target or Wal-Mart or any department store,
or a baby shop.  The sponge was only four or five dollars, and I would
highly recommend it over all those fancy tubs...  Best of luck!

Jo Elizabeth

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed
until it is faced."--James Baldwin