[blparent] interaction groups

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon May 18 03:31:56 UTC 2009

Some of the places I took Gab to when she was very young were:
1.  library read aloud, age 1 to 5.  I believe they still have groups for
older kids, but when Gab started school, there wasn't enough time.
2.  Music group:  My friend Melissa and I took our kids to a music group.
They would play music and the kids would either bang the blocks together or
stand up and walk around with the parents or other people in the group or
play instruments provided by the group leader.  I really liked this group
but it was a little too expensive for me.  I hear the Parks and Rec has
something like it now, but since mine is 9, she doesn't need it any more.
2. tumbling:  I took Gab to a tumbling class.  She really liked it and the
mom's seemed to be very nice.  Infact, they would describe what the kids
were doing.
4. the day care at the gym:  on Wednesdays, our gym had a exercise class for
the kids.  While I did yoga, Gab did kidercize.  They did jumping jacks,
airplanes, jumped rope, played red light green light, did stretches, duck
duck goose, etc and at the end they layed on the mats and thought of
something quiet.  It was fun.