[blparent] my mother

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Mon May 18 03:38:40 UTC 2009

Did I tell you what happened to my mom on Mother's day?  Well a few days
before my mom fell off the step in front of her house.  Maybe 3 inches and
down onto her knee.  She is 87 and has Parkinson's.  Well the caregiver was
locking the door and my mom somehow stepped off the step and wham.  She got
up and walked around and we all thought she was just fine except a bump on
the knee.  Gab and I spent the whole weekend there and had a really nice
time.  Then we left and the caregiver (a new shift) put her to bed.  A
couple of hours later my mom woke up screaming and saying her hip hurt.  I
had the caregiver call 911 and off to the hospital they went.
Well after all was said and done, she had broken her femour (trochanter)
which is right below the hip.
A week in the hospital and now she is in a nursing home/rehab center for
about 7 to 10 days.
Aaaah! V