[blparent] taking a baby some where

Nikki Fugett-Dobens nfugett at cinci.rr.com
Tue Oct 6 11:50:30 UTC 2009

I wondered this same thing before I had my daughter.  Of course, for the car
or what ever mode of transportation you use, you'll need an infant car seat.
You can also use a front to back carrier to carry your baby around in.  She
can either be facing you, or on your back.  Mostly, it depends on her size.
Once she's bigger, she usually goes on your back.
There is also the option of the umbrella stroler.  It is a much more light
weight stroler, and you can carry it on and off a bus.  It really depends
what works best for you, and it can be difficult in the beginning.  The
infant front to back carrier really is a great idea.  It not only is
convenient, but it really helps with bonding, and is convenient for nursing
if needed.  I hope this helps.
    Nikki