[blparent] accessable cell phones?

Scott Lawlor sklawlor at mac.com
Thu Oct 8 18:30:45 UTC 2009

Hi.

If you're wanting a phone that is good for texting and aren't planning to
surf the net or check email, the lg env3 is actually quite accessible with
it's built in voice command.  Sure, not every feature is accessible but you
can both send and recieve text messages independently, add contacts to the
addressbook, check the battery level, time and date, and call contacts with
no sighted assistance.   You'll need sighted help in turning on two features
in the tools menu but the people at the verizon store should be able to help
you with that.  I have a short tutorial on some of the more helpful commands
for this phone if anyone would like and am planning to create a
comprehensive podcast for those who are interested.