[blparent] [Bulk] car seats

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Mon Oct 19 10:20:31 UTC 2009

not that the two sit 'n strolls (infant and larger sized) aren't a workable
solution, but it's one I personally don't think I would do. the sit 'n
stroll is pretty pricy at between $225 and $250, which seems like a lot to
shell out for a product that will last approximately 6 months. the sit 'n
stroll for larger infants is a more reasonable buy, as, even though it is
the same price, it will last significantly longer (we've been using ours for
6 months, and we will be able to use it until our daughter doesn't really
want to use a stroller anymore).

for your very young baby, why not get a Graco carseat for $80 and the frame
it fits into for $50? that's about half the price you'd pay for a sit 'n
stroll, and, frankly, it's about as "easy" (or not) to pull.

the sit 'n stroll definitely has its place. it's a great product for travel,
as it only requires you to bring one piece of gear, rather than lugging a
stroller and a carseat around with you. however, it isn't fantastic to pull,
and I'm not sure I'd want to use it as my full-time stroller. what you want
to look for in a stroller is a reversible handle and 4 swiveling wheels. the
handle allows you to adjust the stroller so that baby is facing you instead
of facing away from you. this is nice, because it gives you more information
about what the baby is doing, and who might be trying to mess with him or
her. the wheels make it easier to maneuver in tight spaces. the stroller
that many of us have is a peg perego venezia. unfortunately, that model has
been discontinued, so I'm not sure what is currently available that fits the
bill. you really do need a stroller that is easy to pull and turn, and,
although the sit 'n stroll has many advantages, it certainly isn't either of
those things.

another option you might consider is wearing your baby instead of pulling
him or her in a stroller. if you'd like more information on doing this, just
let the list know. many of us wear our babies. also, another great baby
wearing resource is
www.thebabywearer.com

hope some of this helps.

Dena