[blparent] Re-Introducing Myself

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Oct 27 19:58:13 UTC 2009

Hi.  Seedlings does a great job with braille books.  There are over a
hundred to choose from that are for babies and pre-schoolers, with the
braille, print, and a picture on each page.  That way you know basically
what your child is looking at.  There are a lot of Touch and Feel books that
teach textures, and many books about animals.  You can braille your own
books using laminating plastic strips that are adhesive, but Seedlings books
are reasonably priced.  The board books are between $4 and $11.

I especially like the magnetic letter set from Leap Frog.  Each of the
uppercase letters of the alphabet is a magnet.  Each one fits into the box,
which is also a magnet that sticks to the fridge.  When the letter is
inserted in the box, a song plays, identifying the sound the letter makes.

Thanks for the tip about the shoes.

Jo Elizabeth

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify
the hunters.--African Proverb