[blparent] Transporting children

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 02:41:35 UTC 2009

Hi Karla.  I understand your concern, but this is a normal step.  If you and
your husbad could see, you would still have situations when another parent
would handle transportation, and the same questions would still pertain.
The bottom line is that when your child goes with another family, you have
to be comfortable that the accompanying adult(s) will be responsible.  This
is a decision that every parent makes, consciously or otherwise.  Unless you
have reason to think that the parent who offered to drive is not a
responsible adult, I wouldn't be too concerned.  Seems that they were
considerate to offer transportation for the event.  Maybe engage, ask if
there's any way you could help.  As you get to know the person better, you
become more comfortable that this is a person you can trust, or otherwise.

Just my $.02...

"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to
sleep under bridges."
--Anatole France