[blparent] question about brest feeding

E. Tarr esquared100 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:06:03 UTC 2009

Hello, Vanessa.
    I myself found parenting classes to be helpful, where I was shown
various possible positions to hold a baby when nursing.  When my son was
born, finding a position that was comfortable for me was frankly extremely
frustrating at first, but my baby and I found positions that worked for us
with trial and error and some help from my favorite nurse at the hospital.
    If you are able  and have the desire to breast feed, you, too, will find
a way that works for you.  I also found pillows to be very helpful for
propping up the baby.  Boppy (spelling may be wrong) is the name of a
product that worked very well for my son and me.  It is a C-shaped pillow
that fits snugly around your front and sides for the baby to lie on when
breast feeding.
    In general, getting suggestions from people and being taught hands-on
are very useful, but if you are anything like me, you also learn a great
deal by gritting your teeth and geting lots of pure experience.  I didn't
mean to be long-winded.  Anyway, congratulations on your baby on the way,
and welcome to the group!

Ellen Elizabeth