[blparent] question about brest feeding

Nikki Fugett-Dobens nfugett at cinci.rr.com
Sat Sep 26 22:46:01 UTC 2009

Vanessa,
I nursed my daughter for 7 months, and I can not see at all.  At first, it
can be trying, but it is worth it.  I used a boppy pillow that wraps around
you, and that the baby lays on.  Then I would guide her mouth to the breast
with my hand.  I held the breast underneath, to make sure she stayed latched
on.
I would recommend that you take a breastfeeding class offered at the
hospital where you deliver and also use the lactation services provided
there.  They can be a wonderful resource.  Hope this helps.
    Nikki