[blparent] need to think something out

Sherman, Becky (DSB) RebSherman at dsb.wa.gov
Tue Apr 6 18:15:28 UTC 2010

I think every parent feels like you do at some point.  We all get tired.
And we all get worried about what's wrong and "what am I doing wrong".
Your baby will be talking and walking and doing things yo9u don't her to
do for years to come.  Besides, who gives Dad's the right to walk out?
Whether or not you enjoy the baby stage, or did or didn't want a child,
you participated and participation doesn't just end because you don't
like it.

Whether you walk out now, or later will affect your child.  The walking
out affects kids in so many ways.  So does staying if the marriage isn't
good.  Whatever parents do, affects their kids no matter how young, or
old, they are or when it does, or  does not, happen.

It's OK to vent, and it's OK to wish for something different at times,
but make sure things get put in perspective before major life changing
decisions are made.