[blparent] Car Seats?

RaLynn McGuire RaLynn.McGuire at asu.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:18:04 UTC 2010

Hi all,
	I have been a member of this list for a few weeks but have been quietly gleaning information from all of you who have "been there" and "done that" and have found the info to be very helpful and thought provoking.  My husband and I are expecting our first little one, a girl, on August 1st.  So we are very much in the middle of deciding on and researching all of the "baby stuff" we'll need once our little one makes her arrival.  We have been wondering this same thing.  We have gotten some conflicting information regarding which car seats, if any, can be used WITHOUT a base.  The reason this is important, is as you all can imagine, is if we're out and about and are using the car seat along with our stroller (via the use of an adapter), could we then just strap the seat into a car to get back home.  Otherwise we will have to find a way to cart the car seat base with us.  One sales guy at one of the baby retail stores we stopped in suggested we just carry the car seat and base in one of those carrying case things.  Have you seen those!?!?  They're HUGE and they're very cumbersome!  So we're still trying to do as much research as possible since it seems like this situation is rather unique.  Everyone seems to know about either using a seat with a base or using a seat that ONLY stays in the car, which also isn't an option.

RaLynn McGuire