[blparent] Attending convention with a sighted toddller

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Tue Apr 20 11:34:13 UTC 2010

My son was 9 at his first convention.  He did go to the NFB camp.  He met
some kids there and generally had a good time.   By the end of the week he
was getting a bit bored though.

I did want to mention that there is a list of people willing to baby-sit.
It's available at the check in desk at the NFB camp.  It's a courtesy thing,
none of those individuals have been screened or gone through background
checks or anything.   I wouldn't have a problem calling someone from the
list and asking for references, but that's just me.  *smile*

The hotel in Dallas has a very nice park like area in the back.  My son and
I spent a lot of time out there.  There's a nice walking path, a little
stream, fish pond, a footbridge and metal sculptures.   Sometimes little
kids just need to run, yell and roll in the grass!  Or at least mine did at
that age.

HTH
Julie