[blparent] challenges with dressing an infant

Joy Wolf joy at kevinlwolf.net
Fri Apr 30 18:10:28 UTC 2010

Two things here.  First of all, with time and practice you will get better,
really you will.  But if you get frustrated, don't be afraid to take a
break! All this infant stuff can be hard and, therefore, frustrating, and
it's ok to admit that this is tough for you.  Having said that, I have one
more thing to say, snaps.  Lol, that sounds funny but here's what I mean.
You can get pants, onesies, and all kinds of clothes that have snaps all the
way down, so you can just open them up, put the baby in and snap it back up
to close.  I learned this because my daughter's bones were so fragile as an
infant that one wrong move, pull of the leg or arm, etc., could have caused
her to fracture.  So, I found the easiest clothes I could, and the more
snaps they had to open up the clothing for ease of getting it on and off,
the less I had to hold her still.  Just a couple thoughts, and I know others
will have great suggestions.  Have a good day.

Joy and family