[blparent] teething

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Mon Aug 16 22:51:07 UTC 2010

Hi.  When Sarah couldn't sleep from teething pain, I rubbed a dab of Oragel
on her gums to numb the aching spots.  Be careful--babies can bite fingers
pretty hard with just their gums!  I would also give her a dose of
infant-formulated Tylenol at night.  During the day, I had a gadget with a
ring that she could grasp and a small, fine net sack.  The device, which I
can't remember the name of, was sold at Target or Wal-Mart in the baby
section.  It was designed to put pieces of fruit in so that the baby could
experience the taste without swallowing anything that he might choke on, but
what I found was that when I put an ice cube in it and then dampened the net
sack, Sarah would chew on it and be quite soothed till the ice melted.  You
can also put frozen fruit like chopped grapes in, and that's soothing, but
it tends to get the baby and everything in the environment very sticky.

Best of luck,