[blparent] international travel

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Aug 25 14:09:54 UTC 2010

The reason children's passports don't last as long is that kids change
physically faster then adults do. You may also want to have someone on
standby back in the U.S. someone with both kids' birth certificates so
that if you need it, you can prove to the American Embassay that these
are indeed your children.  You shouldn't need it, but I'd hate to need
it andn ot want it.
Sharon is right on the direct flight to Europe. I'd argue though that if
you can't cope with a foul-up, and can't get your children through one
with love and compassion, then your family isn't ready for this trip.
It isn't so much what happens but what you do with it that matters.