[blparent] jogging strollers vs reversible handle strollers

Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni rovadia82 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:47:07 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
As we prepare for our little one, I am doing extensive research on strollers. I have a question which I"m hoping some of you may have some input on. I originally researched the graco alano flipit travel system and liked it. The reversible handle seemed great for pulling behind me. As I thought about it though, I am not always a fan of pulling something behind me, even a small computer bag that I use for work. A friend of mine, who is also blind, suggested that I try a jogging stroller, i.e. a stroller which has three wheels instead of four. This way, you can walk slightly in front of it, use a cane, and put one hand on the stroller to guide it next to you. I went and looked at the City Mini stroller by Baby Jogger. It's so easy to fold, is lightweight and is narrow. I love all these features. I was just wondering if any of you have owned a jogger-type stroller, or rather, a stroller with three wheels. The City Mini stroller is not actually a jogging stroller, just a three-wheeled stroller. Have any of you used this type of stroller and if so, do you find it easy to use with a cane? Anything else I should know that I haven't thought of? I"m just torn between this one and the reversible handle stroller, which is much bigger, heavier, and my husband doesn't really like the look of it. :)

On a side note, I do realize that I will not be using the stroller as much as my sighted husband, as I do plan to use baby carriers as much as possible. But I do want to have an option to use a stroller if I Think it may be more appropriate.
Thanks everyone.
Ronit