[blparent] jogging strollers vs reversible handle strollers

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Fri Dec 17 17:44:28 UTC 2010

I have never used a jogging stroller, but you need to consider what age the
baby can use a stroller and how often you will be using one.  I loved our
travel system because the baby can be in the stroller right away in the
infant seat attachment; Austin rode in the stroller for the first time when
he was a few days old.  I would assume, though I'm not absolutely positive
about this, that a jogging stroller or lighter weight stroller is for babies
who have better head control and can sit well by themselves.  This means you
wouldn't be able to use the stroller with the baby for a few months.  You
may actually want to consider getting both strollers, or registering for
both and hoping you have friends and relatives who might want to chip in on
such large gifts!  This, like so many things, all comes down to personal
preference, how often you plan to use the stroller, etc.  Also, your sighted
husband might find he enjoys using the baby carrier as much as you do and
may decide to wear the baby a lot.
Melissa