[blparent] Melissa and Doug toys

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at pcdesk.net
Tue Dec 28 07:50:31 UTC 2010

Hi.  Sarah got a belated Christmas gift tonight that I was really impressed with.  Actually, the gift came on Christmas, but she had kind of gotten burned out on the whole unwrapping thing, so we waited till tonight to let her open it.

Anyway, the toy was a wooden one made by Melissa and Doug.  We've got a couple of wooden puzzles that make sounds, but this toy is really unique.  It's a wooden cake, cut into six slices.  Then there are little wooden candles, cake toppings like strawberries, and a spatula.  The candles and toppings stick onto the cake slices with Velcro, so a child can mix and match the decorations.  Sarah was fascinated with the toy, and she brought me slices of cake to eat all evening long.

I just thought I'd tell about a toy that was new to me.  Maybe some of you with young aspiring chefs will want to look for it.

Merry Christmas,
Jo Elizabeth

"Some people see things as they are and ask why.  I dream things that never were and ask why not."--Robert F. Kennedy