[blparent] advice on bloody noses

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:52:35 UTC 2010

Hello,

Okay, here is the situation.  Very little I have found difficult to do as a blind person, but my little girl, who is 4-1/2, gets bloody noses often.  She does not always tell me right away.  As a totally blind person, does anyone have advice on some alternative techniques, if there are any, to discover and deal with this problem?  I found her last time in bed crying over her nose, but we had a talk and she now understand that there is nothing wrong with this, but she needs to tell me right away.

For the record, there is nothing wrong, the bloody nose is mostly due to this dry, winter weather.

Bridgit