[blparent] What's up with that?

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC Inc) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Feb 17 13:08:20 UTC 2010

Jo Elizabeth.
If it makes you feel better, there is a Dora book where Dora and her
monkey have to rescue a prince from the moon. My daughter has it and
likes it.  She also likes Cinderella too and Snow White and has made
some very insightful comments on both.
Personally, I wouldn't worry about the princess thing.  It's not as if
people who bowl have a propencity to wear nasty shoes based on their
bowling experiences.
There are also some princess themed books that you may like something
like Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots, as well as a few others. A
children's librarian or someone on the list can probably give you
specific reccos.
I wouldn't spend too much energy on this issue though. If Sarah does get
into princesses, and the whole damsal in distress, it's not as if that
mentality will cancel out the other messages you send her.
I'd also suggest if this really bothers you, you can talk to the party
store owner, but I doubt since you spent money there, they will really
care. Princess stuff sells and sells well, otherwise there wouldn't be
so much in stock.
Happy birthday to Sarah, my daughter's is tomorrow.