[blparent] Carseats for children 1 year-old or older?

Miranda Borka knownoflove at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 13:51:37 UTC 2010

Hi,
We're looking at carseats, and we love the option of the Graco Infant Snugglerider for children less than a year old.
However, for children 1 or older, we're looking for a carseat that fits kids up to 50-65 lbs, is front and rear facing and can be placed in a stroller We don't have a car, so we need one that can be used without a  base. Also, one that's not so heavy or tall that you can't get it in and out of taxis or public transit
We're trying to buy as few carseats as we can, so we're not forking out cash for a few months at a time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend!

In Christ, Miranda