[blparent] Diapers - Reuseable? Or, disposable?

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin at gpcom.net
Sat Feb 20 18:03:10 UTC 2010

Miranda,
You can still use pins if you want, but there is no need to, and I would not
buy cloth diapers from wall mart.  We bought ours from
www.nikisdiapers.com
There are a wide variety of cloth diapers available.

Flats:  The ones our grand parents used, that had to be folded just so and
pinned, and a vinyl cover put over them.

Pre-folds: Sewn already folded with extra material in the middle for
absorption, you still need covers for these, you can pin them, or they have
neat things called snappies.

Fitted: Like pre-folds, but cut in a hour glass shape to fit the baby a
little better, and require no extra folding on your part.  Then can be
pinned, snappied, or some have hook and loop, or snaps.  Still need to cover
these.  They can also be set in the cover, and just put on like a
disposable.

Pocket:  Go on like disposables, and have either hook and loop, or snaps,
they are often adjustable, they have some that are one size that will fit
from infant to toddler.  These are made up of a thin material on the inside,
then a water proof cover, and there is a pocket in the back, normally, where
you insert an absorbent pad.

All-in-ones:  Like the pocket, but the absorbent pad is not removable.
These are the closest to disposables.

There are different types of covers normally 3 types are used, a poly one,
that is basically plastic, fleece and wool.

Michael Baldwin
Got print, need Braille?
http://www.ReadWithDots.com