[blparent] Accessible Appliances

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Fri Jan 1 03:53:39 UTC 2010

Funny story, I might have told you all this before. When my mother was still
mobile, she put stickers on her microwave, I think mostly for my dad who had
Altz Heimers.  The stickers were round and she put numbers on them, 1, 2, 3,
4.. Cook time, the number one, the minute button and the start button.
Anyway, you get the picture.  Well after my dad passed away many years ago,
no one took off the stickers.  I could feel them and thus warm things up.
Well when my mother got her caregivers, the stickers bugged them and one day
I came over and the stickers were missing.  I inquired about them and the
caregiver said they were an eye sore.  I told them they were there so I
could use the microwave.  Anyway we got a big laugh. We ended up putting
scotchtape on the numbers in the same pattern. V