[blparent] Pieces, pieces, everywhere!

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 18:08:13 UTC 2010

We use the bins on the shelves for our church's nursery, with just a few
toys in each, and the kids love that.  Very easy to grab a bin and sit down
on the floor with those toys.  I also use the zip loc bags, for puzzle
pieces (like the ones that all fit together to make the picture...this again
is more for the older kids), and also for other pieces.  Bags are easy to
label as well, which helps me know which bag to put certain pieces in.  With
3 kids in the house, all at different ages, we have had to do some major
organizing, and that is not something I'm good at.
I also swap out toys, keeping certain things in their room and others put
away.  When you bring out the ones you've had hidden away it's like
Christmas all over again. lol  We don't have a basement or play room, so all
the toys are in the kids' bedrooms or the living room, so access to toys has
to be limited or we'd be swimming in them. lol
I never thought about it but I have actually used the cane to sweep the area
for toys, or things I've dropped and can't find.  Now I'll actually think of
it as an idea for all the time, in the past I think it was more a
desperation thing where I just grabbed it to get the job done. *smile*
Leanne