[blparent] OFF Topic: Question about Car Titles

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC Inc) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Jan 7 15:21:57 UTC 2010

Okay guys, here's what I know about buying a car.
1. A blind person can legally bar a car, same as any other transaction.
All you need is money.
2. You do need insurance and you need a driver to put his/her name on
the form, but it is not the driver that needs to be ensured, it is the
car. Talk to insurance companies and find one that will do this. Geiko
will, my aunt's insurance company is another that will, and I'm sure
there are others. You want the car insured for whoever drives, not an
individual. But the blind person or whoever ponies up the money is the
legal owner.
Btw, it is illegal to deny you buying a car, so if someone tries, sue
the pants off them
Jo Elizabeth, I'd suggest in your case, buying the car, putting your
boyfriend as the insured form and then making sure the car has insurance
for everybody who drives it.