[blparent] Travel agent purpose

Karla Hudson HudsonKC at msu.edu
Sun Jan 10 23:12:25 UTC 2010

Hi group and Cheryl,

Tell me how you are different than any other travel agent I might work with
for making vacation plans?  I am the person who started the Disney
discussion.  My husband and I are both blind and have two children.  We are
both great travelers in most environments but know that amusement park
settings can be challenging to orient to with two small children.  Our
daughter is a great reader and does fine in most situations.  However, I do
not like to put all the responsibility on her to assist with finding
different rides and so forth.  Do you assist in arranging these vacations so
that they can be more user friendly to the blind.  I think your answers
would be helpful to many and that is my reason for posting these questions
to the list.  Explain the benefits of having you as our agent.

Karla