[blparent] Travel agent purpose

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:56:27 UTC 2010

Karla and everyone I started to write something that may have come off as
rude to some.  So please I am not being rude.

Okay as anyone, I treat everyone the same, and I might be a little more
independent then others.

I would if someone tell me they are blind and I have sighted kids and we
want to go somewhere like Disney, I would say, Karla, let me assure you that
I have many things to help you with.

I can get you maps of the parks and send them to you way ahead of time so
that way you can determine once you are in the park, the places and
attractions you want to go, Give yourself enough time for everything, I
would say a family of 4 depending on the ages of the kids different parts of
the parks that would be more interesting to them like you said you have 2
small children, I would recommend the value hotels they are the least
expensive but more family oriented to younger children, but just as magical
as the moderate and exclusive resorts.  Let you know that there are great
breakfasts where the kids can eat with Mary Poppins or Winnie the Pooh, then
maybe go to the Magic Kingdom, and go to fantasy land and go on it's a small
world and ride peter pans ride or go to Mickey's Toon Town, and meet the
Princesses, or get dressed up like a pirate, you don't have to do the
typical amusement park stuff, disney is more then that.  See a parade in the
afternoon, or go to the hall of presidents and listen how we became the
great country we are, I missed not being able to see it myself, but most of
the rides have recordings you can listen to.

The Parks themselves like I said have maps and I can help you create an
itinerary and try and maneuver you through the parks before you get there,
we had to do this ourselves when we went in August, never go in August just
to hot.

The difference with me is, no I will not be there holding your hand, and I
am not saying that the kids might need to help you find the places to get
there, but I can work with you step by step, organizing your own itinerary
day to day, I cannot do it minute by minute or hour by hour, but try to give
you what is next to what, get you some menus of restaurants ahead of time
because with Disney that is why you need to plan ahead, is because for the
dining plans and this is only if you stay on property (in disney hotels) can
you get the dining, reservations for the restaurants have to be made 90 days
in advance, same as with the shows, and I can help make them for you.  The
Disney Website itself isn't the greatest screen reader friendly, but I have
my ways to find different things for you.

I would sit down with you once you decided to go, ask what you family likes
to do, what do you like to eat, if you have girls who are their favorite
princesses or with boys who is there favorite pirate or toy story friend and
get the the best way for them to meet and get autographs, etc.

So what is the difference between me and someone else, I care and not
looking to make the sale unless you are happy, you are my one and only
customer, because I work one on one with you, and not someone else, I find
what you like to do, eat, entertainment, etc.

I will make your vacation the best way I can and not have you be so worried
about having to put so much pressure on the kids.

I hope I answered this appropriately, and I know my typing isn't the best,
and my wording is all over the place, but I will try my best, and that is
the best way I can answer it.  I make it my business to make you are going
to have the best time as possible, I want you to come back, I want you to
recommend me to friends and family.

Hope this helped.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Contractor