[blparent] potty training

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Thu Jul 29 03:28:06 UTC 2010

First: Are you sure he's ready. He's about the same age as my daughter, who
is not even 2 yet. Just because there is an interest, doesn't mean the child
is actually ready. Elise has been interested in her potty for months. She is
starting to tell us before she goes to the bathroom sometimes, as opposed to
after. She is able to stay drier for longer. Still, even with all of that, I
would by no means call her ready to potty train. Based on the experiences
I've heard from other parents, children do it when they truly are ready, and
not before. Pushing it won't help, or make it go any faster.

If you do decide to pursue potty training, there are training pants that are
waterproof on the outside. They allow the child to feel wet, without the
mess soaking through the outer layer of the pant. I know you can buy them on
www.diapers.com
and there are other sites totally devoted to them.

Dena