[blparent] potty training

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:54:14 UTC 2010

I agree with Dena here. I got all excited a week or so ago thinking Savannah
was getting closer and ready to start wearing training pants. It was just me
jumping the gun. lol
She did great for a few days telling me during or after her going, but that
ended. Yesterday she did sit one her potty for 10 minutes and didn't want to
get up, that is an improvement. But when she decided she was done, I put her
diaper on and she pooped in it immediately.
So she definitely isn't ready and that is fine with me. I'll wait.
I also plan to use the training pants instead of pull ups. I'm sure I'll end
up buying pullups for when we are out, depending on how well the training
pants do.
I was given some pull ups and have been putting them on Savannah
occasionally  to show her how to pull them up and down. But i'm still using
diapers for the most part. I offer her the potty. If she doesn't want to sit
on it, i don't force her. If she wants to sit for 10 minutes, i let her.
I want potty training to be her thing, when she is ready. I know myself that
I need to learn to not get so excited at every little possible step in the
right direction. or at least not to think that we are almost there.
I have a problem with rambling today.
Pipi