[blparent] navigating the hotel

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Jun 16 18:48:31 UTC 2010

Amy,

I am also bringing my 13yo son to convention.  I think the 10 to 14 age
group is tough at convention because they are too old for daycare and too
young for teen things.  There is the new preteen youth track this year, so
hopefully that will help fill the age gap.  My son didn't seem to interested
in the events though, but he's not a social butterfly.

I'd love to meet up with you and your son though.  Perhaps the boys would
hit it off and could amuse themselves together.  I'm planning on letting my
son have more freedom to go and do things within the hotel on his own this
year.  I think he's old enough to not have me tagging along all the time.
*smile*  But it would make me feel better to know he was with other kids his
age.

Same goes for anyone with kids in the early teens, I'd love to meet up so
the kids can mingle and find some new friends to go and fun with during
convention.    We'll be arriving late July 2nd and are staying in the tower.
Please feel free to email me before hand to set up something or call me at
the hotel.  I'm not planning on bringing much technology with me, so it is
doubtful that I will have access to email while I'm there.  I'm working on
getting a cell phone and I'd be happy to pass along that number as soon as
it's available to anyone who wants to meet up.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!
Julie Johnson