[blparent] It really happens

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Sun Jun 20 21:20:17 UTC 2010

Ok, this is the way it went.  Gab and I went to the park yesterday evening
to kick a ball.  We bought one of those big rubber balls found in a big net
in most supermarkets.  Gab would kick it to me and as it swished past on the
grass it would make just that sound.  Then in return I'd kick it way up high
and she'd run to get it.
Well there was a younger girl watching us and she asked Gab why I didn't
just walk up to it when it landed near me.  I used my cane to find it.  Gab
told her that I was blind and this is how I found the ball.  The girl,
probably around 8, asked if she could play with us and we said absolutely.
She said she had to ask her dad first and off she went to ask him.  We
continued playing.  A few moments later she returned and announced that her
dad said she could not play with us since I was blind.  Iwas shocked and
offered to go talk to her dad.  But she said when he says no, that is that.
So since gab likes playing with the kids at the park, I sat on the bench and
let the girls play.
That was the first time, I think, I have had someone say that. Weird! V