[blparent] Savannah update.

Pipi blahblahblah0822 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:33:26 UTC 2010

Hey y'all,
Savannah had her 15 month check up today, so I thought I'd write in to tell
you how things are going here.
Savannah really hit a growth spurt since she turned 1. She has grown 4
inches and is now 31 and a quarter inches tall. This puts her in the 75th
percentile, where she has always been around the 50th for everything
previously. Her head circumference is 18.5. What concerns me and the doctor
is her weight. Savannah currently weighs 21 pounds 10 ounces. She has lost a
pound since november. She is now in the 25th percentile for weight. I have
noticed her eating slowing down quite a bit. there are some days, like this
morning where she wouldn't touch her breakfast at all. It was cereal and
fruit which she has previously eaten and loved.
They drew a tube of blood and are checking for anemia and lead levels. That
was not a fun experience at all. It took 5 of us to hold her down and draw
the blood. It took them like 10 minutes to do. It was all i could do to keep
from crying myself. I should know in a few days how the tests come out.
I've been sitting here trying to figure out how many words Savannah says
now, but not really sure what to count. She has said things like papa and
pappy referring to my dad and grandpa, but it was a one day thing and she
hasn't said them since.
She loves to climb up anything and everything she can now. She loves her
books, is getting into stuffed animals and babies.
I purchased a potty chair a few days ago and it's pretty hit or miss still.
Some days she's afraid of it. Other days she'll sit on the floor and talk to
it. lol
Bedtime is still a struggle. It is getting better and I have a routine for
her now. She doesn't seem to care for it, but we are getting there. It's
still an uphill battle, I get one to 2 nights a week by myself  compared to
none.
Savannah has started the throwing herself on the floor fits. I choose to
talk to her about how she is feeling and attempt to get her to say things
like up, or drink instead of the fit. Again, we are getting there. I choose
to ignore her fits at times when she is just mad because she can't have
something she wants. Then I talk to her about it and give her a safer option
to play with.
I'll stop rambling for now. I hope I've made some sense here.  I'm
struggling with being severely nautious the past few days and really wish i
weren't a single mom during times like this.
Pipi