[blparent] some breakthroughs

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 15:46:14 UTC 2010

Hi all.  I just wanted to give an update on how things are going with
Michael and me.  First, as of yesterday, he's been home a month.  Second,
we're finally getting into a routine in terms of feedings, sleeping, etc.
His fussy period is sometime in the evening between 5 and 9.  I do give him
the chance to nurse and he's getting better at it.  However, he doesn't take
enough milk from me to nurse exclusively so I still have to pump. That's all
been getting easier with time and practice.  I'm feeling more comfortable
with every day tasks like changing, feeding, etc.  My family's actually
surprised I can do as much as I can on my own and that's a good thing.  I
also recognize the importance of asking for help when needed.  The last
thing I did today was put him in the car seat without any help whatsoever.
I felt so good I was able to do that!  Now, we're off to the pediatrician.
Talk to you all later.

Leslie