[blparent] meds

Leanne Merren leemer02 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 21:55:15 UTC 2010

Hi Leslie,
You can do it independently.  I always have.  What I do is have the
pharmacist use a knife to make a groove in the plunger of a syringe (not a
drop syringe, a plunger syringe).  He sets the syringe at the amount I will
need, then makes the groove immediately above the barrel.  To draw up the
meds, I insert the syringe into the bottle (I always make sure it's
sterilized before doing this of course), I pull up on the plunger then push
it back down all the way to release any air.  Then I draw it up again past
the point I need, then stick my fingernail in the groove in the plunger,
then push down until my fingernail touches the top of the barrel.  I usually
keep a syringe in a plastic bag and rubber band it to the bottle of medicine
I will be using it for.
Hope that helps.
Leanne