[blparent] meds

Dena Wainwright dena at envogueaccess.com
Fri Mar 12 02:09:26 UTC 2010

I have no vision, and I gave Elise her Reflux meds twice a day by myself for
4 months. You can do what Leanne suggested - getting someone to mark the
plunger of the syringe, or you can also get syringes of varying sizes. E.g.,
Elise's dose was 5 MLs each time, so I had a 5 ML syringe. I filled it up,
and gave it to her. Obviously, he'll be taking smaller doses, given how
little he is, but you can get syringes that are 1 ML, and maybe even
smaller. In terms of actually getting the meds into him, you can push a
small amount at a time into his mouth. You put the tip of the syringe inside
the corner of his mouth - with the end facing his cheek so the meds don't
shoot down his throat. It helps to have him on his back so that gravity can
do some of the work for you. I would just shoot a tiny amount in, wait for
the swallow, and then push the plunger down a bit further. It always helps
if it's a med that's flavored, because they take it more readily.
Unfortunately, the Reflux meds we used were kind of yucky, so I always had a
harder time getting it all into her without a portion of the dose being spit
out.
Dena