[blparent] Suggestions: re: I Must Have Lost My Mind

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:34:22 UTC 2010

V, I was in the San Fernando Valley Chapter of the National Federation of
the Blind of California.  Don Burns assumed the Presidency after my friend,
Robert Stigile (sty-gull) relinquished it.  Barb Pierce had it right, but
it's also the fact that everybody must be on the same page.  I made
mistakes, too, just as they did.  But Don and Nancy did what they could.
It's the passing of the torch.  I know Don and Nancy personally.

>From what I've heard of the West Mesa Chapter, your chapter is a vibrant
group of people engrained in the ideals of NFB philosophy.  That's
commendable, because you'll need all the help you can get.  Funding,
outreach, and associate membership, although paramount issues, should be
the way to go.  In the new-look, ever-changing National Federation of the
Blind, always think outside the box.  Whatever is not working, try
something new  Always allow your email inbox or phone line to be open for
all members.  I have confidence in you!  You're filling in big shoes, but I
have no doubt you can do your Presidency job well.

Eric Calhoun, soon to celebrate 36 candles on his cake Sunday, March 21,
2010
..

..

..

Attention please!

..

Don't miss the new-and-improved college baseball list!

..

LSU, the Florida Schools, and the California Schools!

..

..

It's all good!

..