[blparent] question of feeding a newborn

Scott Lawlor sklawlor at mac.com
Tue Mar 16 23:46:53 UTC 2010

Hi.

We have what could potentially be a giant problem so I'm hoping to get some
thoughts and or suggestions on the following situation.

Leah is exclusively breastfeeding and as a result of this, she doesn't know
how to take a bottle, even if it's breast milk.

This problem is further complicated by the nipple falling out of her mouth
when she turns her head and this is something that I am struggling with.

For times when Cindy is working and she needs to be fed, I need to be able
to perform this task.

I won't go into the thoughts I had running through my head while holding a
screaming baby but they weren't happy at all, something I know I'm not alone
in.

We have the bottles that are supposed to mimic the breast so I'm not sure
what else I can do at this point.

Practicing is a good idea and we can do that but if she won't even suck the
nipple and just chews on it, which is what she does with the pacifier, I'm
feeling at a loss.

Thanks for the help.

Scott